I always say that there is nothing worse than a sick kiddo. Your heart just breaks for them. But I lied. There IS something worse. A bored, sick kiddo. That’s a double whammy. They don’t feel good, are tired of laying in bed and you have to be the bad guy of saying things like “No, we can’t go outside.” or “Stop running around. Why don’t you come sit on the couch?”
Here is a list of kid and mom approved activities to do the next time your child gets sick. Obviously napping is one of the best things to do while fighting a cold, but it’s not always practical. (Although, I could always go for a nap!) But these activities are nice and calm, making it easy to rest while enjoying them.
Tip: Pick up a TV tray to make playing in bed or on the couch easier. They are inexpensive and come in handy for sick days or even for taking on car trips!
- Card games or dice games are always fun! For young kids play Go Fish or Matches and for a little bit older children you can play Crazy 8’s, Farkle or Yahtzee.
- Put together a puzzle.
- Read a new book.
- Download a new game app on your tablet.
- Draw, color or paint with water colors.
- Watch a new movie – or just a favorite! You can rent or buy movies directly on Amazon and stream them to your device or rent one at your local Redbox.
- Play with play dough! You can even add a few drops of essential oils in them. Lavender for calming, eucalyptus to help clear the airways, or thieves or Frankincense can help with respiratory support.
- Play in the tub. Sometimes a bath can help make you feel better. Let the kids take some toys in the tub, relax and play!
- Get crafty. Decorate the tissue box. Blowing your nose is more fun when you are grabbing tissues from a personalized masterpiece.
As parents, when our kids are sick we want to do anything and everything in our power to help them. And that includes giving them the right medicines. I’m a HUGE fan of Maty’s all natural products. They aren’t just for kids either! Maty’s has lines specifically for children, but they also make products that we can all enjoy! I actually get excited about giving them to my family because they are just absolutely loaded with good stuff.
I’ll be honest, I’m completely new to Maty’s. I’m so glad that my friend Jenni introduced them to me! I’m a huge believer in the power of good food and what natural products can do for you.
Now, I know that this is the cough syrup, but check out all of this good stuff in it! All of these have been used for year and years and years to keep healthy and fight off colds. They’ve been used for this long, because they work! :) I’ve actually been adding a spoonful to my hot tea lately, just for an extra dose of goodness.
Joshua had a cough not too long ago and he used this cough medicine. We were really happy with how well it worked!
Seriously. Everything about this label made me super happy. Like get up and dance happy.
I mean how could you not want to use these products?
You can see the full line of all of Maty’s products here! I can’t wait to add more to our collection!
This post was sponsored by Maty’s. All thoughts and love are 100% my own.