Presented by Prego®. All opinions are my own.
If you were to ask me my favorite food, I would say that hands down, it’s pasta. I love it. Spaghetti, ravioli, macaroni, linguini, or penne… it doesn’t really matter. I am an equal opportunity pasta eater. It’s something I always keep stocked in our pantry, along with a variety of sauces of course.
So the other night when I asked Joshua what he wanted for dinner, it was music to my ears when he said he wanted some Alfredo pasta. Done! One easy dinner coming right up!
Like I said, we keep pasta pretty well stocked in our pantry, as well as jars of Prego red and white sauces. You never know when you’re going to need to whip up a pasta dish! Normally we just have a red sauce, so when I pull out the Prego Homestyle Alfredo, it’s an exciting treat. I decided to change it up a bit for this recipe by using bow tie pasta and adding smoked sausage and broccoli. This is the only way my son will eat broccoli without complaining, so this mom is taking full advantage!
This recipe is totally beyond easy. It only uses one pot and comes together in less than 20 minutes. Plus the Prego Homestyle Alfredo makes me feel like I’m getting a homemade sauce simmered for hours or going out to one of our favorite Italian restaurants all while cooking in my yoga pants. :)
There are only four ingredients for this dish and they are super simple!
- Prego Homestyle Alfredo Sauce
- Bow tie pasta
- Smoked Sausage (sliced)
- Bag of frozen broccoli
And making this recipe is even easier!
- Boil a large pot of water. Once the water is boiling, add your pasta and your smoked sausage to the boiling water. Cook according to your pasta’s instructions.
- In your microwave, cook your broccoli according to the package instructions.
- Drain the water from your pasta and smoked sausage.
- In your pot, warm the Prego Homestyle Alfredo Sauce on medium-low for a few minutes. Then return your pasta and smoked sausage to the pot. Add the broccoli and gently mix it together.
Serve with some Parmesan cheese, salad, and some breadsticks. Yum! It doesn’t get better than this!
This quick and easy dinner will become a new family favorite.