I’m a Mom of a boy, which means we are no stranger to messes. We also have four pets. Yes, I said four. I’m not sure who makes the bigger mess, our two dogs (usually George…) or my son, Joshua! There is nothing worse than reaching for a paper towel, dishwashing tablet or worse….toilet paper….and realizing you are out. The second worst thing ever is having to go make a trip to the store for one of those said items.
Truth be told, I don’t go to the store much anymore. Whaat? It’s true. I let my stuff come to me! Did you know that you can shop for your favorite P&G products online from Walmart?
Here is why I love it:
– I get my favorite products with Walmart’s low prices
– Free Shipping on orders over $50
– I completely avoid the store. No lines, no crowds, no buying 500 things not on my list and accidentally forgetting the one thing on my list.
– Most importantly, I can stock up before we run out never again having to make a last minute trip. No more coming home to knocked over flower pots, mud and dirt everywhere and no more paper towels. True story. That was a bad day. We don’t talk about it. :)
What kind of stuff do I get? Everything! Ordering online is so easy and quick. One thing that we buy a lot of is dryer sheets. Did you know that you can use dryer sheets for way more than just throwing in your dryer?
Here are 23 ways you can use dryer sheets…that you probably didn’t know! (PS – Walmart has a great deal on them! Check them out!)
- Use it to dust your television screen. The anti-static chemicals in a dryer sheet will help to repel dust and lint.
- Use old dryer sheets to easily wipe up talcum powder, flour, and other messes of this type.
- Used sheets usually have enough fragrance in them to freshen up other areas in your home. Stuff them in tennis shoes, place them in closets, in laundry hampers and in pieces of luggage — anywhere your house needs a little “refreshment.” For extra stinky places (example: your 13 year old’s shoes…I recommend a nice new sheet!)
- Run a sheet over a piece of thread when you’re doing sewing tasks. The thread won’t tangle up as easy.
- Have pet hair on your clothing? Simply wipe it off with a dryer sheet! Also works great on cloth furniture too!
- Keep dust and other contaminants off your glass computer screen by carefully wiping it with an old sheet.
- Did you purchase some old, musty books at a garage sale or thrift shop? Make them smell good again! Simply place the books in a sealed plastic bag with a dryer sheet. Allow the bag to sit undisturbed for a day or two, then remove the contents. The musty smell will be gone!
- Got a problem with mice? Find where they are entering your house and stuff the hole shut with a sheet. Mice won’t chew through the smelly material.
- Place a dryer sheet in the bag of your vacuum. Sweep your house, and, once you’re done, the air will smell as fresh as your clothes do.
- Dryer sheets are said to repel mosquitoes as well as other annoying, flying insects. Don’t rub it on you. Instead, stick a sheet in your belt loop.
- You can use dryer sheets to clean and polish the chrome on your vehicles.
- Is there a build-up of soap scum on your glass shower door? Simply use an old dryer sheet to eliminate the mess.
- Place a few dryer sheets under the seats of your vehicle instead to keep your car smelling fresh. Bonus: No pine tree on a string hanging from your mirror.
- Use sheets to clean and polish the glass lens of your eye glasses. They’re not recommended for plastic lens, though!
- Is your hair dry and full of static electricity? Gently wipe a dryer sheet over your head to get rid of it.
- Dryer sheets make great dusting cloths for your wooden furniture.
- Keep your window blinds clean longer by wiping them periodically with dryer sheets. The anti-static properties of the product will actually help to repel dust and dirt.
- Are your scissors not cutting as smooth as they should? Wipe the blades clean with a used dryer sheet to remedy this problem.
- Dryer sheets make great little cloths for quick shine ups in the bathroom and kitchen too. Just use one on each of your chrome faucets and they will look good as new.
- Soak your used paintbrushes in warm water with a dryer sheet, and latex paint should come off in under a minute.
- Clean off your iron to remove any sticky residue.
- Use them to help make fire starters. This is a great way to reuse the dryer lint too!
- Putting clothes, photos or other items in storage? Add a dryer sheet to your box/tote to help avoid the dreaded musty smell.
Don’t forget to pick up your dryer sheets as well as your favorite P&G products from Walmart to Avoid The Oops! Have you had an oops moment before? Share it with us!
Don’t forget to pin it!!
This post has been sponsored by She Speaks and Walmart. All thoughts, ideas and opinions are my own.