Flash forward some years later (and no, I won’t tell you how many!) and my hair isn’t as thick as it used to be. Getting some volume is a little (ok, a lot) more difficult. I went from my old ‘big hair, don’t care’ motto to more like ‘fake it ’til you make it’. I needed to do something to get back my thicker hair that was full of volume. It stunk. And I thought I was stuck. But after a little effort and research I was able to find some great ways to take care of your hair – after your twenties!
- Regular hair trims will keep your hair from splitting and will help it to grow healthier and more quickly. Depending on the thickness of your hair you should try to fit in a trim every 6-8 weeks.
- To help protect your hair from blow drying, use the cool setting. Bet you didn’t know why that was even there huh! The heat from your blow dryer will dry your hair out, so use the cool setting! Plus, as a bonus, it will help your hair have a great shine.
- Healthy hair is moisturized! I’ve done enough face masks in my lifetime, but somehow it wasn’t until a few years ago that I started doing hair masks! Styling your hair can be so hard on your hair. Blow drying, curling and flat ironing can all dry your hair out. Use a hair mask to help re-condition your hair. I also really recommend using an awesome conditioner. I REALLY love Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Conditioner. This stuff does amazing things! It conditions just like the best hair mask would!(I found my Neutrogena at Walmart!)
- I know how tempting it is to throw your hair in a ponytail and hit the hay, but don’t do it! Sleeping in a ponytail can cause breakage and no one wants that!
- If your hair is missing that thickness and that volume it’s ok. It’s nothing to be ashamed about or embarrassed about! Rogaine For Women has a great product that can help you to get back that hair you are missing! Their product is so simple to use and can really help!
Rogaine For Women is available at your local Walmart. In my store, it is located in with the shampoos!
These are five tips for hair care for women that can help your hair stay healthy and easy to manage. Plus, when your hair is healthy and looks it’s best, it helps you to feel more confident. And there is nothing more beautiful than that! #MoreIsBeautiful #CollectiveBias