One of my favorite breakfast dishes that I make anytime there is a breakfast pitch-in is Amish Baked Oatmeal. Every time I bring it people request the recipe.
It’s easy to customize! You can add in fruit like I did, but I’ve also made it without and later topped it with banana slices and a little maple syrup. Today I am going to share with you my favorite way to eat it.
That’s right! Amish Baked Oatmeal Topped with Slow Cooker Applesauce. Say it with me. Mmmmm….. :)
The ingredients are simple.
Prep takes just about 5 minutes.
And when it comes out of the oven it’s like a yummy, baked granola. (Which just happens to be how I like my oatmeal!)
Eat it plain, drizzle a little Maple Syrup on it or
Top it with something delicious! (Like Slow Cooker Applesauce!)
This is sure to become a favorite recipe!
- 3 Cups Rolled Oats
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Dried Cranberries (Or other mix in item! Raisins, Walnuts, Blueberries, etc. It's also yummy to omit the fruit and when serving drizzle with a little Maple Syrup!)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mix oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the fruit.
- Spread into a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes.
- If you wish, top with homemade Slow Cooker Applesauce. (Psst! This is the best way!)
Want more recipes? Check out all of our recipes here!
And don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter to get recipes, DIY projects, tips and tricks delivered right to your inbox!