School is in full swing now which means we are all getting back on a routine. There are only 24 hours in a day, but sometimes, well, most of the time I have about 36 hours worth of things I would like to get done. And it all starts with the morning.
We’ve all had one of those mornings. Where you wake up late, can’t find something, remember something last minute….you know, it’s just off. Being off your morning can really effect the rest of your day. That’s why it’s so important to build a great morning routine. Start your morning off right with a great back to school routine.
So we asked….
What are your best tips for back to school morning routines?
“Honestly, mornings around here started out pretty rough when school started. Now that we’re 3 weeks in, things are smooth sailing. Setting the coffee pot timer the night before, is the FIRST thing I do! We also have clothes and backpacks laid out the night before. On the weekends, I use gallon sized bags to divy up lunch items for the days of the week. That way, all I have to do is grab the bag and put everything inside Eli’s lunchbox. It only takes a second, vs. 5 extra minutes out of the morning. Another thing I use that really helps us stick to our routine is cellphone timers. I have a timer for everything…and when the timer goes off, we do that task. Wash face and hands, brush teeth, get dressed, eat breakfast (and take our vitamins), grab backpack, say our morning prayer, watch for the bus. Works like a charm! Sounds a little OCD, right?! But hey — we get out the door on time and with less drama, each and every morning!! Plus, Eli thinks it’s fun and he likes to beat his time for each task. He looks at it as sort of a challenge!!”
– Jenni is the mom of one and the author of Sweet Pennies From Heaven. A hearth and homewebsite, Sweet Pennies From Heaven focuses on recipes, crafts and creating a comfortable home. Follow her on Twitter here!
“Mornings are always busy! This year, we have lots of new things to experience: we’re in a new city, a new house and a new school district. Plus, Mike is no longer working outside the home. I feel like we’re starting our school morning routines from scratch. Thankfully, some of our usual habits will continue to serve us well. In the evening, I have Sam help me prep his backpack and clothes for the next day — this makes our morning so much easier! Once we’re up and around, I make his lunch while he eats breakfast. We follow breakfast with vitamins and a good teeth brushing. After a few minutes of reading and cuddles together, it’s time for out the door. I love the fall and I’m excited that back to school season is finally here!”
– Stephanie is the mom to Sam and the author of Spaceships and Laser Beams. If you ever need party ideas her site is the place to visit! Specializing in all things boy, it’s full of inspiration!Follow her on Twitter here!
“Mornings for us are pretty different than they were last year! This year we are homeschooling so we have eliminated a lot of the rush which feels so amazing! I’m all for calm and less stress! One change that I have added to my routine is that I spend a few minutes (usually only 5-7) doing some yoga. It may sound silly or that those few minutes can’t really make a difference, but they do! It gives me a few minutes to just wake up, stretch and get ready. I’ve also stopped the habit of waking up, grabbing my phone and checking my inbox in bed. Before, I was starting my day before I could even fully open my eyes! Then it’s breakfast, vitamins and beginning to get ready. Small, simple changes have helped make our mornings not only calmer but so much more enjoyable. And when you start your mornings off enjoyable it’s much easier to have an awesome day!”
– Amanda is the mom to Joshua and owns It’s a Fabulous Life. If you are looking for a one stop place for all things mom, It’s a Fabulous Life is it! Full of recipes, fashion, DIY projects, recipes and parenting articles it’s the place for all of Mom’s favorites to come together! Follow her on Twitter here!
One thing that we all have in common is the fact that vitamins play an important part of our routines. Have you heard of SmartyPants vitamins? They are my absolute favorite! Why?
- They are gummy vitamins so they are easy to take. Even as an adult, I would rather eat a gummy vitamin than take a pill!
- They are delicious. Like super good!
- They use the BEST ingredients. Their vitamins are non-GMO and contain no high-fructose corn syrup. Plus they are gluten free and contain no yeast, wheat, milk, eggs, gluten, salt, peanuts, tree nuts, shellfish, synthetic colors, artificial flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives.
- Even their Omega 3s are sourced from eco-friendly small fish populations.
- SmartyPants vitamins pack in your vitamin needs in a yummy gummy. Ok maybe, that one was mentioned twice, but it is important! (Find out more about what goes into their vitamins here!)
Be sure to join us August 31 at 9:00 PM for a fun Twitter Party to talk all about morning routines and learn more about SmartyPants Vitamins!
We will be giving out lots of prizes including several bottles of SmartyPants vitamins, a Walgreen’s Gift Card and a new Keurig machine – everything you need for your own morning routine! Be sure you are following SmartyPants Vitamins on Twitter!
This post was sponsored by SmartyPants Vitamins. All thoughts, ideas and opinions are my own.