“Ten thousand years will give you such a crick in the neck!”
Aladdin was such a HUGE movie for me when I was younger. The magic of the Cave of Wonder, the thoughts of what would I wish for, a princess with a sense of adventure, and the music! I loved the music! I had the soundtrack and would sing and dance in my living room ALL.THE.TIME.
When I found out that Aladdin was being recreated into a live action movie, I totally freaked out a little bit. I feel like I say that a lot, but the truth is that I am incredibly excited for ALL of the Disney movies!
ALADDIN is the exciting tale of the charming street rat Aladdin, the courageous and self-determined Princess Jasmine and the Genie who may be the key to their future. Directed by Guy Ritchie, who brings his singular flair for fast-paced, visceral action to the fictitious port city of Agrabah, the film is written by John August and Ritchie based on Disney’s ALADDIN.
ALADDIN stars Will Smith as the larger-than-life Genie; Mena Massoud as the charming scoundrel Aladdin; Naomi Scott as Jasmine, the beautiful, self-determined princess; Marwan Kenzari as Jafar, the powerful sorcerer; Navid Negahban as the Sultan concerned with his daughter’s future; Nasim Pedrad as Dalia, Princess Jasmine’s free-spirited best friend and confidante; Billy Magnussen as the handsome and arrogant suitor Prince Anders; and Numan Acar as Hakim, Jafar’s right-hand man and captain of the palace guards. The film is produced by Dan Lin and Jonathan Eirich with Marc Platt and Kevin De La Noy serving as executive producers. Alan Menken provides the score, which includes new recordings of the original songs written by Menken and lyricists Howard Ashman and Tim Rice and two new songs written by Menken and songwriters Benj Pasek and Justin Paul.The film, which was shot on practical stages in London and on location amidst the stunning desert vistas of Jordan, has a talented creative team helping to bring Agrabah to life, including: director of photography Alan Stewart, production designer Gemma Jackson and costume designer Michael Wilkinson.
The new Aladdin will be in theaters everywhere May 24, 2019!
And to celebrate, we do one of the things that we are best at….
We make Disney slime! This time, it is an Aladdin slime, but more specifically, a Genie slime! This stretchy, glittery blue slime is perfect for the Genie. And it is borax free so it’s a mom win.
A few things to know before you start making this Disney Slime – Aladdin Genie Slime:
- We use Elmer’s glue. Other glue may need different amounts of baking soda or contact solution.
- Lots of time we use fine glitters, but for this slime we used a regular sized glitter, but a jumbo glitter would work well too!
- I used a soap colorant for this slime. I love using these because they don’t dye your hands and they are skin safe. Plus, they come in many colors!
- For our charm, I purchased it at Hobby Lobby. Here is a set that is similar and it includes a charm for Jasmine and Aladdin which we will use later for some of our other Aladdin inspired slimes!
- These are my FAVORITE containers. Cheap and you get a lot of them. They are a great size.
Disney Slime: How To Make Aladdin Genie Slime Supplies:
- 5 oz clear glue
- 1/2 cup water
- blue colorant (you can also use food coloring, paint or pigment)
- blue glitter
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp contact solution
Disney Slime: How To Make Aladdin Genie Slime Instructions:
- In a bowl, pour 5 oz clear glue.
- Add 1/2 cup water. Mix until the glue has broken up and is incorporated into the water.
- Add a few drops of blue colorant, mixing until you get the perfect Genie blue.
- Sprinkle in your glitter. I love glitter! Stir.
- Mix 1/2 cup baking soda in. Baking soda will help determine your slime thickness.
- Add 1 tbsp of contact solution. Mix. The slime will be ready to knead when the slime pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Contact solution is what makes the slime sticky or not.
- Knead the slime. It will be sticky at first. Just keep kneading it! If you have to, you can add a little bit of contact solution, but be careful not to over activate.
- Add your charm.
- Store in an airtight container.
Don’t forget to pin our Disney Slime: How To Make Aladdin Genie Slime