Is it snowing where you live? It is here. And the cold weather and ice is all coming with it. YUCK. Well, let me admit that while I love waking up to a white Christmas, the actual everyday battle against the winter is not my idea of fun.
It’s hard some days just to get myself out of my nice, warm bed early on a frosty morning. It’s dark! And cold! And while taking a long, hot shower sounds delightful the thought of getting out of the shower does not.
For me, winter is hard to stay active. I would rather cozy up, sit by the fire and drink my hot cocoa. (Don’t judge! You know that sounds amazing!) But staying active year around is important.
- Go play! Remember when you were little and you would go out and play in the snow for as long as you could? Sledding, tubing, skiing and snowballs were all part of your snow day plan. Being out in the snow can quickly burn a lot of calories. Go hang out with the kids! Ski (no hills? Try cross country skiing!), hit the best sledding hill in town (and that walk back up will help burn those calories too!) or go ice skating. Yes, it’s cold. But after a few minutes of having fun the frosty air will be the last thing on your mind.
- Start a home workout Working out at home is great and you don’t need a lot of equipment. Try doing your own ‘cross-fit’ style workout with a mix of burpees, wall sits and other exercises. Try out yoga (my favorite!) Heck, you can even pick out a new video game! We have the Wii-U and we have been having a lot of fun playing the Zumba and Just Dance games. It’s a lot of fun that we can all have together.
- Remember that everything counts And that includes things like shoveling the driveway. Because I know that you were trying to think of something positive to say about it!
- Get Creative
Grab your friends and head to your local Meijer store to walk around. Retail therapy? Sure. But also, just getting out and walking! Walk a few laps around the store before you start filling your cart. Those extra steps will add up!
And while you are at Meijer, be sure to check out SOS. This is a really delicious drink mix that you can add to your bottle of water to flavor it. But it’s not just good for flavor! This drink was created by a doctor and two professional athletes to combat mild to moderate dehydration. It’s great for drinking after a workout! And the packets make it easy to slip in your gym bag or purse.
Why should you drink SOS?
- SOS provides THREE times the amount of electrolytes than the average sports drink and it has half the sugar AND half of the calories of coconut water.
- It helps you absorb more water than just drinking it alone. Three times more water!
- It’s medically proven.
- It tastes delicious! I tried the Citrus flavor, but there are other flavors available too.
- You can learn more here!
You can find SOS products at your local Meijer.
How do you stay active in the winter?
This was a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Meijer and SOS. All opinions are my own.