The Chicago Toy and Game Fair has been on my bucket list for a few years now. And I’m SO excited to have finally crossed it off. Well almost, because I can tell you, it left me wanting to go back!
But back up for a second. What is the Chicago Toy and Game Fair (ChiTAG)? ChiTAG is an annual event (this is their 16th year!) that showcases he best and newest toys and games out there in an interactive venue. It’s open to the public and kids are encouraged to get in there, play and investigate.
ChiTAG is fun for all ages. There is even a beer garden with games just for adults!
You never know what characters are going to show up to ChiTAG! We ran into several the few days that we were there!
Don’t let that face fool you – when even your 13 year old says he has fun then you know it is really fun!
Here are some of our favorite things from ChiTAG2018:
- Playfoam Pals – This is kind of like slime, but not as messy. It’s floam … with a surprise. Each one has a mystery animal inside. The foam never dries out and doesn’t leave a mess. Our kids ALL left with a package….and have all added it to their Christmas list. Even Dustin.
- Greedy Granny – Try to swipe treats from Granny’s tray, but don’t wake her up and send her teeth flying!
- Ravensburger Gravitrax – Think marble race…to the extreme! This race is one you can build and design however you wish. Gavin was OBSESSED!
- Smartmax Magnetic Train – This is an adorable toy for younger kids. Held together with magnets the animals snap together as do the train cars making building easy for even the smallest of hands!
- Razor Drift Rider – Another one of Gavin’s favorites! The Drift Rider glides when you ride it making it super fun!
- Happy Little Accidents – We brought this game home. Draw random doodles, mix them up and turn them into happy little accidents. The ultimate nostalgic party game.
- Wordsearch! – We played this…twice. The board turns making it hard to remember where you saw the words and it is everyone’s turn every time so it is face paced. Best part is that you can print off extra boards so you always are searching for new things.
There was seriously so much to do at ChiTAG! We stayed for 2 full days and had a blast! Tickets are inexpensive ($15 for adults, $8 for children at the door – look out for the early bird tickets to save!) and you get an entire day of fun.
And plan ahead, because kids can enter a young inventors challenge to compete for prizes and even scholarships! There are also game competitions you can sign up for! Fun, fun, fun.
Plus, the event takes place on Navy Pier in the heart of Chicago. Enjoy the fair and the city for the ultimate family getaway! We were there this year at the perfect time because the lighting of the Christmas tree AND the light parade took place at the same time making it a PERFECT beginning of the holiday season.
So, what do you say? Will we see you at ChiTAG 2019?!
This post contains affiliate links.
We were hosted to ChiTAG in exchange for our honest opinions on the event. All thoughts are 100% my own.