School is back in swing here. Josh is now in middle school which means at lunch he can choose what he wants (regular lunch or a la cart). I’ve realized that lunch is getting expensive and that healthy choices aren’t really a priority for 11 year olds. In fact the other day he got 2 PB&J’s, chicken nuggets, french fries and a cookie. Although he did say “But Mom, I only got one milk.”
So I’ve managed to talk him into bringing his lunch to school. He wasn’t too happy with that idea at first. But all it took was me telling him I would make a batch of Cinnamon Sugar Chips for him to change his mind. Seriously, these things are SO good. And they are a cinch to make!
In fact, these are so simple, they only require 4 ingredients!
I like to use Azteca’s new preservative free flour free tortillas! You can find them at Kroger in the refrigerated section! (Ours is near the cheese!) They come in different sizes too – burrito, fajita, taco and new mini size too! There is no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial colors, or flavors. Which means, I am a happy mom! :)
- 1 package Azteca Flour Tortillas
- Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Melt your butter in the microwave. I used about 3 tbsp.
- Cut your tortillas into wedges and place on a greased baking sheet. You can also line it with parchment or wax paper if you wish.
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar. I use 2 parts sugar to 1 part cinnamon for our mixtures.
- Brush the tortilla wedge with butter and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on them.
- Place in oven and bake until lightly browned.
- THESE WILL NOT TAKE LONG TO BAKE! You will want to keep an eye on them so they don't burn!
Now, while these cinnamon sugar chips are fantastic on their own, our favorite way to eat them is Apple Nacho style!
I used Granny Smith apples for our nachos! The tart of the apple with the sweetness of the chips is the perfect mix!
You can eat this dish warmed up or cold – either way is good! Which is awesome because that means you can pack some apple mix in the kiddo’s lunch box!
To make the apple mix simply chop up an apple (approximately 2 cups) and put in a heat resistant bowl. Add 1 tbsp lemon juice and 3 tbsp brown sugar. Heat on high until the apples are boiling. Add 1 tsp cornstarch to thicken and allow to cool completely. That’s it! EASY PEASY.
And guess what? Not only did you stumble on these delicious recipes, but it’s an AWESOME giveaway as well!!
One of you will win:
· $50 Kroger Gift Card
· Azteca Free Product Coupon
· Meal Planning Notepad
· Tupperware Containers
· Dry Erase Wall Decal Calendar
I absolutely LOVE everything in this package!! :) Good luck!!