We had a busy weekend, which of course included the grocery store (does anyone else feel like they should just set up camp there?) Josh and did the usual, put the 3 things on our list in the cart and the 159 random other things in as well (which is then followed by seeing the register at the end and going “What?! How do I do manage to do this every time?!?”) Well, Trader Joe’s had a big old display of Cookie Butter that we could not ignore! Have you had Cookie Butter?!? OHMYGOSH. If you have not had cookie butter before. Stop reading. Run to Trader Joe’s and pick some up! (No Trader Joe’s near you? Bummer. You can get it on Amazon, though it is a bit more expensive) Go ahead. Get some. I’ll wait.
Well we were so awesome that we decided to get BOTH the Cookie & Cocoa Swirl and Cookie Butter. And decided to make the most amazing popcorn EVER. (Check out our Cookie & Cocoa Swirl Popcorn Recipe here!)
Just a few ingredients and you have one of the most amazing things in the world! Don’t forget to pin! :)
- 8 cups air popped plain popcorn (I did 1/4 cup seeds + 1/2 TB oil)
- 8 oz (Half of a package) Vanilla Candy Coating (We used the Kroger brand)
- 3 TB cookie butter (found at Trader Joe's or on Amazon)
- 1/2 large pkg M&M's (We used M&M Mini's!)
- Pop your popcorn! Don't add any butter or salt. Put in a large bowl that has plenty of room for mixing!
- Melt the Vanilla Candy Coating according to the package's instructions. Add your cookie butter and mix. (We also added 1/2 of our M&M's!)
- Pour over the popcorn and mix to coat.
- Lay the popcorn out on a piece of wax paper so the candy coating can harden. Sprinkle the remaining M&M's on quickly before the mixture begins to harden!
- (We stored ours in a Ziploc bag and it worked out perfectly!)