Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. We love coming up with fun costumes and dressing up. We take our pumpkin carving very seriously. And the whole house is decorated. So why would we not have a fun themed dinner? These mummy meatballs completely made my son’s night when I served them up. In fact, he’s requested them several times since! I’m more than happy to oblige since they are SO simple. This Halloween dinner idea is a winner!
Because these are so simple and you can make a big batch at a time, they also make the perfect party food. Not to mention, they are so fun!
Dunk your mummy in a side of marinara sauce (or brains as my son so elegantly put it!) and dinner is served. Yum, yum, yum!
Supplies & Ingredients:
½ lb ground Italian sausage
½ lb ground beef, turkey or chicken
¼ cup Italian bread crumbs
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
1 package crescent dough (find it in your refrigerated section of the grocery store)
Black decorating gel
- Preheat your oven to the crescent dough’s instructions. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Pour a bit of olive oil in a skillet and heat on medium heat.
- In a mixing bowl, add your meat, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and seasoning.
- Using your hands, gently mix everything together. One of the secrets to making great meatballs is to not over mix your ingredients.
- Form your meatballs and place in skillet.
- Brown your meatballs, cooking them almost all the way through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, unroll the crescent dough.
- Cut the dough into long strips.
- When your meatballs are done, pat dry and wrap one of the crescent roll strips.
- Place on your greased baking sheet.
- Bake according to the crescent dough’s instructions.
- Once baked, use a small drop of decorating gel on the back of a candy eye and attach to the mummy meatball.
- Serve with a cup of marinara sauce (or brains as my son put it) to dunk into.
Don’t forget to pin!
This post contains affiliate links.