Can you believe that it is October already? It’s time to get started with the Halloween treats! And these Frankenstein treats are a great place to start! They are so cute and super easy. Heck, if I can do them then you can totally pull it off!
You will need:
Snack cakes of your choice ( Twinkies, Hoho’s, etc. We used Sara Lee Devil’s Food Creme Cakes.)
Semi-Sweet Chocolate (I used Baker’s) or Brown Candy Melts
Green Melting Candy Wafers
Green Sixlets (Find them in the wedding and cake decorating section of Walmart for $1!)
Small Candy Eyes
Black Decorating Gel
Parchment Paper (Parchment paper is so important for this project! Nothing will stick to the parchment paper making it a perfect choice.)
Here is how to make them:
- Put a sheet of parchment paper down on your counter. You will also want to open the candies and put them in their own bowl. This is a simple project, but it’s easiest to have it in an assembly line order.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate in a bowl according to the package’s instructions.
- Unwrap the snack cakes.
- Start with the hair. Dip one end of the snack cakes into the semi-sweet chocolates. For Frankenstein, we just dipped the ends. For the Brides of Frankenstein, we dipped about half of the snack cake in the semi-sweet chocolate. You may need a knife to help spread the chocolate.
- Lay the cakes on the parchment paper to allow to harden.
- Melt the green candy wafers according to package instructions into a bowl.
- Once the hair has hardened, you will dip the opposite corner in the green mix.
- Using the decorating gel, attach two eyes on each snack.
- Dip a Sixlet in the green candy melts and attach the nose on each snack.
- Use the decorating gel to create a smile, eye lashes or scar marks on your Frankensteins.
- For the Bride of Frankenstein, use a drawing tip or a ribbon tip and make some waves with white frosting on her hair.
- Add to a treat bag and you are finished!
*Note: These were a HUGE hit! I will be making some for my son’s class closer to Halloween. Next time, I will replace the chocolate with the brown melting wafers. The melting wafers harden much faster and are so easy to work with! But if you love the idea of an extra layer of chocolate, the chocolates work just fine too! :)
Don’t forget to pin!
This post contains affiliate links.