Seasons change and it happens. You know IT. It comes out of nowhere. Sneaks up on you. Makes you miserable. And sometimes can just wipe you out completely. FOR DAYS.
You know what I’m talking about, right? Colds. The flu. The 24 hour bug. Coughs. Runny noses. Sour throats.
While getting sick just happens there are things that you can do to prevent it. I’m a big believer in the ‘food is medicine’ thinking. It’s amazing once you start learning about the different health benefits that have been proven to be provided by some of the things that are in your pantry and refrigerator! Things like:
- Apple Cider Vinegar (Provides healthy mucous flow)
- Cinnamon (Promotes healthy breathing)
- Honey (Provides healthful antioxidants)
- Cayenne Pepper (Aids circulation)
- And SOOO many more!
Y’all. Chicken soup has been a remedy for feeling under the weather for years. Because it helps!
The best part? No side effects of feeling tired and drowsy. No elevated blood pressure. No dry mouth. And it’s delicious! :)
I love all natural products and approaches. They are always my go to. I’m so excited that I found a company that when we need a bit of extra help has the same philosophy as I do.
Meet Maty’s! A line of good for you, all natural medicines for adults and children. Maty’s created their line of products when their daughter, Maty, was born with severe heart defects. They were dedicated to finding and creating natural ways to get healthy.
You can find Maty’s Healthy products at most retailers, including Walmart – or you can shop online! I invite you to follow Maty’s on social media as well. You’ll find all sorts of great information on natural health and wellness. Follow Maty’s on Facebook, Maty’s on Pinterest, and Maty’s on Twitter!
You can read our full review of Maty’s products and find out 10 ways to keep kiddos entertained while they are sick here!
Looking for more tips on staying healthy this fall?
“Staying on top of seasonal allergies is huge for us. Increasing their vitamin C intake + hiding lots of fruits and veggies in our meals for the extra vitamins that are essential to our immune system. We do have to hide them, to get the kiddo to eat them, haha! We also use natural remedies vs. most OTC cold/flu medications because honestly, the side effects are just awful with those. We encourage lots of warm and hot liquids too, especially hot tea and chicken broth.“
– Jenni is the mom of one and the author of Sweet Pennies From Heaven. A hearth and home website, Sweet Pennies From Heaven focuses on recipes, crafts and creating a comfortable home. Follow her on Twitter here!
“Mike, Sam and I have been battling some icky symptoms already this fall. My advice: lots of fluids and rest! I’ve also been mindful to disinfect things whenever I’m able. If you can’t always make it to a sink, a little bottle of hand sanitizer nearby is excellent.”
– Stephanie is the mom to Sam and the author of Spaceships and Laser Beams. If you ever need party ideas her site is the place to visit! Specializing in all things boy, it’s full of inspiration! Follow her on Twitter here!
“Eating well is so important. Of course you need to eat fruits and veggies, but also some spices have been shown to have awesome health benefits. A good multi-vitamin can help fill in any missing nutritional gaps. We also make sure that we are practicing good hand washing. Lots and lots of hand washing!”
– Amanda is the mom to Joshua and owns It’s a Fabulous Life. If you are looking for a one stop place for all things mom, It’s a Fabulous Life is it! Full of recipes, fashion, DIY projects, recipes and parenting articles it’s the place for all of Mom’s favorites to come together! Follow her on Twitter here!
This post was sponsored by Maty’s however all thoughts, opinions and massive love for this company are 100% my own.