Fall is here!!!! WOO HOO! To celebrate, we have a series of super fall inspired slimes that we will be sharing this week. These were a lot of fun to make. If you follow us on Facebook, then you may have seen our Facebook Live making this Scented Pumpkin Guts Slime Recipe! If not, then no worries, I’ve got you covered.
Do you remember making jack-o-lanterns as a kid? You cut off the top of your pumpkin and then the scooping begins. Stringy, gooey, pumpkin guts filled with all of those pumpkin seeds. It was kind of the original slime. I really wanted to capture that with this slime. In a not so gross way.
Oh and it’s scented. It smells….AMAZING.
(Note: While it looks great, it isn’t edible. Please don’t try to eat it!)
A few things before we get started.
- If you haven’t done you pumpkin yet, keep this slime in mind and save your pumpkin seeds. If you have, no big deal. You can buy pumpkin seeds at the grocery store.
- For that pumpkin orange color, we used food coloring. I got it from our neon food coloring set, but you can also use the soap colorants or even acrylic paint.
- We decided to keep this slime fun on it’s own. But feel free to add glitter or sequins if you want.
- To get that perfect pumpkin smell, my go to is P&J Fragrances. You can buy the pumpkin on it’s own, but if your kiddo makes a lot of slime, you may want to check out their sets. It breaks down to about $2.50 or so each (usually) when you get a set. We have bought several from them and they are all awesome. Bonus: You can add a few drops to your candle warmers and your whole house smells wonderful!
- And finally…containers. Y’all. Containers in our house are kind of a big deal. Between the slime that I make for our blogs….that the kids insist on keeping….and the slime our daughter makes (she even has a YouTube channel and takes custom orders in school!) We can NEVER have enough it seems like. These are the best. Perfect size. Affordable. They work.
Ready to make your Scented Pumpkin Guts Slime Recipe?
You Will Need:
- 1 airtight container
- 1 5 oz bottle of clear glue
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp contact solution
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Pie Seasoning
- Orange food coloring
- Small bowl
In a bowl, pour the entire 5 oz bottle of clear glue. Add in ½ cup of water.
Drop a few drops of orange food coloring. Stir.
Add a few drops of pumpkin fragrance.
Baking soda helps determine the thickness of your slime. I add just under 1/2 a tsp and add more if needed when I am kneading the slime.
Once the baking soda is stirred in, pour pumpkin seeds into the slime. Give it a quick stir.
Add in the saline contact solution. This is the one we use. Saline solution will keep the slime from being sticky. Again, you can add more if you need to. Stir together.
The slime will begin to form instantly (how cool right?!) Knead the slime for a few minutes.
Store your Scented Pumpkin Guts Slime Recipe in an airtight container.
Be sure to stay on the lookout for all of our fall and Halloween slimes!
Don’t forget to pin our Scented Pumpkin Guts Slime Recipe!