DIY Homemade Toilet Bombs
This is a post all about my favorite way to keep your bathroom clean.
We have five kids.
No more needs to be said on that.
But seriously. I have literally a bazillion other things to do with my day than to clean the bathroom. So to help keep things sparkly clean (and not stinky…that part is very, VERY important) I swear by these DIY Homemade Toilet Bombs!
First of all, they are so simple to make. They only take three ingredients.
Second, to use all you have to do is to drop them into the toilet. The fizz up, clean it and deodorize it.
Third, even the kids like to use them. SCORE!
To make these DIY homemade toilet bombs you will need a few things.
- A silicone mold. You can get fancy if you want, but I’m lame and just used a square one.
- A glass jar. Again, be fancy if you want. I’m lame. I got a big jar at Hobby Lobby for about $3. (Yay for 50% off day!)
- Citric Acid. I totally Amazoned this. To be honest, no clue where you would find that at Target. LOL The citric acid will create the fizzing effect and also help breakdown water stains.
- Baking Soda. You will want the big box! Baking soda is a common household cleaner. It’s also a deodorizer.
- Essential oils. I use a mix of lavender, peppermint and lemon. Different oils do different things, but this mix helps to clean, kill germs and of course, smell good!
How to make homemade toilet bombs:
In a spray bottle, mix the water and essential oils.
Spray the water and oil mix into the baking soda and citric acid. It will fizzle a little bit, but that’s ok. (If you don’t have a spray bottle just be sure to add the water mix VERY slowly!)
Mix around until it is all damp.
Press into mold and allow to sit out and harden for a few hours.
Transfer to a jar or an airtight container. I have ours in a pretty glass jar in our bathroom.
That’s it! They are so easy to make. Once you use them, I promise you will make sure that you always have a batch ready!
Don’t forget to pin our DIY Homemade Toilet Bombs!
Want more homemade cleaners? Check these out:
- Hands down the best all purpose cleaner
- Homemade Clorox Wipes