Simon Malls are a hot spot for the holidays. I love shopping there as they always have all of the stores that we need meaning that I can cross everyone off our shopping list! But I really, really love the outside malls. Especially during the holidays. The stores all have their window displays up, trees are decorated and lights are up.
This year, there is so much more than just shopping though!
· The Rink at Hamilton Town Center: Open during mall operating hours from now until January 3, The Rink is a synthetic ice-skating experience for a new spin on a holiday tradition.
· Greenwood Park Mall’s Candy Cane Cottage Competition: The Greenwood Park Mall is inviting all families with children ages 12 and under to let their imagination run wild & create a completely edible gingerbread house, then submit their delicious creation to the mall management office now through Monday, November 19th for a chance to win.
· Fashion Mall at Keystone’s Breakfast with Santa: On November 17 from 9-11a.m. children and their families can visit Williams Sonoma and have a pancake breakfast with a visit from St. Nick.
· Hamilton Town Center’s Sweets with Santa: Help us welcome Santa and his crew to Hamilton Town Center on Saturday November 17th, from 4-6p.m. Celebrate the start of the holiday season with the arrival of Santa, Mrs. Claus’s Story Time, the lighting of the Tree and sweet holiday treats for children to decorate.
· Circle Centre’s Cookies and Cocoa: Join Santa for Cookies and Cocoa immediately following the Circle of Lights tree lighting on Friday, November 23rd, from 8:30-9:30p.m. in the Level 3 Dining Pavilion.
· All area Simon centers will be celebrating National Cookie Day on Tuesday, December 4 by handing out cookies either at the Santa sets, Guest Services or the Mall Office.
· Castleton Square Mall’s Disney Junior Play Date: Castleton Square Mall invites the community to a holiday-themed Disney Junior Play Date event. Aimed to entertain and delight children of all ages, the event will take place December 15 from 2-4p.m. in Center Court.
· Circle Centre’s Art of Holiday Window Displays: From November 23 to December 16, shoppers are invited to enjoy the Art of Holiday Window Displays sponsored by Downtown Indy, Inc. Local Artists show their holiday spirit and creativity by bringing street-level windows on Meridian and Washington Street to life.
The other day we headed over to Hamilton Town Center to check out the ice skating rink.
Getting set up was easy and the kids had so much fun skating across the ice.
None of our kids had ever been ice skating before, but it was simple enough for them to pick up quickly. There were two characters for them to push around to help get the hang of it.
Sometimes there were wipe outs.
But I think after the first time, the kids thought falling was fun. Who knew?
Shopping, skating and then out to eat made it for an awesome family night! (By the way, if you are at Hamilton Town Center, check out Chuy’s! Our kids gobbled up the chips and those homemade tortillas? YUM!!)
And don’t forget to end your night with pictures with Santa! There are even mailboxes to drop off your letters.
Castleton Square Mall, the Fashion Mall at Keystone and Greenwood Park Mall, have a sensory-friendly Caring Santa event working with Autism Speaks. Dates and times will vary prior to mall openings. YOU MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE! If you know of a kiddo or have a kiddo who would benefit from this sensory-friendly Santa visit, please register! It is a safe way for all children on different spectrums of special needs to be able to visit with Santa. Donations for Autism Speaks will also be collected throughout the holiday season.
And finally, Pet Photo Night with Santa will occur at Castleton Square Mall on December 2 and Fashion Mall at Keystone and Greenwood Park Mall on December 9. Pet Photos are hosted after mall closing.
There is so much happening at Simon Malls this holiday season and there is truly something for everyone!
This post is sponsored by Simon Mall. All thoughts and ideas are 100% my own.