YOU.GUYS. 2019 is looking to be an insane year for Disney. And just released, Toy Story 4!! If you are like me, the rest of the world and even director Josh Cooley, then you thought the end had already come and gone. Like most people, I assumed that ‘Toy Story 3’ was the end of the story,” said director Josh Cooley. “And it was the end of Woody’s story with Andy. But just like in life, every ending is a new beginning. Woody now being in a new room, with new toys, and a new kid, was something we have never seen before. The questions of what that would be like became the beginning of an entertaining story worth exploring.”
Everyone will be meeting again in Bonnie’s room including a new toy (who doesn’t think he’s a toy…) named Forky!
Woody has always been confident about his place in the world and that his priority is taking care of his kid, whether that’s Andy or Bonnie. But when Bonnie adds a reluctant new toy called “Forky” to her room, a road trip adventure alongside old and new friends will show Woody how big the world can be for a toy. Directed by Josh Cooley (“Riley’s First Date?”) and produced by Jonas Rivera (“Inside Out,” “Up”) and Mark Nielsen (associate producer “Inside Out”), Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story 4” ventures to U.S. theaters on June 21, 2019.
To celebrate I have something AMAZING for you. Now, I have searched on Google, Pinterest and YouTube and I can’t find anything out there when it came to Toy Story Woody Slime. So, I took it upon myself to make it for you all. This would be THE cutest activity to go with your Toy Story movie marathon or getting ready for the new movie! Or if you are hosting a Toy Story party – these are adorable party favors or activities!
Before we start with our Toy Story Woody Slime a few important things:
- You can get bandannas on Amazon! This is a really adorable way to complete the look of your Woody slime. Plus, if you are doing for party favors or an activity it is a great way to ‘gift’ a great Woody accessory!
- I used acrylic paint for this project. Don’t worry, it doesn’t stain your hands! Paints are a great way of getting the perfect shade you are looking for.
- We used these containers for our slime! Pack of 50 and inexpensive? Yes please.
- Download our Woody Badges here! Print and top your slime containers!
To make the Toy Story Woody Slime you will need:
- 5 oz clear glue*
- 1/2 cup water*
- Yellow Paint
- Blue Paint
- Yellow Glitter
- Blue Glitter
- 1/2 tsp baking soda *
- 1 tbsp contact solution *
- Western flatback buttons (optional – out of the set I used the boot and badge. I found mine at Hobby Lobby. No Hobby Lobby? You can use these!)
- 1 slime container
- 1 Woody Badge (see above to download)
- 1 red bandanna
* You will need 2 of each of these supplies
How to make Toy Story Woody Slime:
- Pour 5 oz of glue in a container.
- Add 1/2 cup water and stir until the glue is broken down.
- Add a squirt of blue paint and stir.
- Pour in blue glitter and stir again.
- Add 1/2 tsp of baking soda and stir. The baking soda is going to determine the thickness of your slime.
- Add 1 tbsp of contact solution and stir. It will instantly begin to form. Continue to stir until it pulls away from the container.
- Knead the slime – it will be sticky at first. If needed, add a bit of contact solution. Contact solution will determine how sticky it is. It is easy to over activate so be careful!
- Repeat the process, this time with yellow paint and glitter.
- Swirl the two together.
- Put into a container.
- Tie a bandanna around it.
- Add charms (if using) and the Sheriff’s star.
Once you begin mixing your slime, it will turn colors so be sure not to over mix before adding to your container.
It ends up being a nice green color. Think Rex color!
This is just the first of our Toy Story slimes! Be on the look out for our Buzz Lightyear Galaxy slime, our camo toy soldier slime, the Little Green Men alien slime and SO many more! Not to mention our other Disney slimes that go with movies like The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen …. and the list goes on and on!
Don’t forget to pin our Toy Story Woody slime!