A few years ago I posted my 2017 bucket list. And some of the things got crossed off, some didn’t. 2018 was fast and furious. It brought so many changes, so quickly that I didn’t even make a list! During 2017 and 2018, we went from a family of 2 to a family of 6. Started a new business. Got a house. Got a new dog. (Yes, another one.) Blogging came back (I took a break early in 2017). New car….car broke…..another new car….old car broke….another new car. There was just SO much. And so many BIG new changes, most of which I didn’t see coming.
But anyways. 2019.
Things To Do In 2019
- Practice yoga. I used to do this everyday. Not anything major - 10 or 15 minutes here and there throughout the day. But I want to get back into doing it and doing it regularly.
- Read 100 books. (You can join our virtual book club here! While we won’t cover 100 books, we will read a new one each month!)
- Get outside more. Walking, baseball games, going to the dog park, visiting the farmer’s market…I don’t care. As long as it is outside.
- Go to the theater more often. I love the theater. There for a while we were going pretty often. This year I want to not only get back into the routine of going, but I want it to be a regular occurrence!
- Take my health a bit more serious. I’m in my 30’s. I keep putting off going to the doctor. I need to limit my carbs and sugar more. I need to be better about taking my vitamins. Essentially, I need to adult.
- Bump up my skincare routine. Again, I’m not getting any younger. Ten years from now, I would really like to be thanking myself for this one.
- Start journaling again. I don’t need to do anything crazy. I really loved my peaks and pits journal I had and it really did so much for me! I will probably do that again.
- More art. I love art and music. For a long time they didn’t play a very big role in my life. And truthfully, I wasn’t as happy as I could have been during those periods. When I have music and art, I’m happier. More art, more music, more happiness. Yes.
- Develop a morning and night time routine. I’ve gotten SO horrible about this. We’ve been staying up way too late and getting up too late. I’m good at routines, when I have them.
- Plant a garden. Flowers, herbs and veggies. I want it all. And bees. We will see about the bees though.
- Publish one of my books. I can’t tell too much on this one yet. It’s in the works! :)
- Do a boudoir photo shoot. My friend Whitney is an amazing photographer and I have said for years I would do one! This year.
- Volunteer. I want to start working with a few organizations that mean something to me. I’m pretty excited about this one.
Things To Learn in 2019
- French. I would love to brush up on my French.
- All about herbs, holistic medicines and how the heck to grow them. Because remember, I’m growing a garden this year!
- How to do makeup. Because I’m 30. And because 12 year olds are running around with better contoured makeup then I could ever manage to do.
- Take a photography class. I take photos for my blog, but I’m still in auto. Even though I’ve had my DSLR for 8 years. Time to move on!
- Learn how to shoot and edit videos. And because I feel like if I don’t take the plunge (finally) to videos my little blog here will soon become a fossil…videos are in my future.
- How to use tools. After my divorce, I quickly realized that I don’t know how to do crap around the house. And that even includes the basics of tools. I bought a hammer. And probably a year and a half later I stopped using scissors as a screwdriver and bought a set of real ones. When I would go to help Dustin doing remodeling, I quickly realized I was no help. I couldn’t even find the right tools in the toolbox. Please don’t judge. I want to be handy. I want to build a table for my entryway because I’ve been searching for 2 years now and can’t find one I like.
- How to ride a horse. Here is another blast from the past! I took English riding lessons for about a year and my step-dad’s family had a pony named Mickey that I would ride bareback when I would visit. I loved it! What an amazing way to get some exercise, but relieve some stress.
- Calligraphy is something that I always wanted to learn. I think it is so beautiful. I’m not particularly sure what I will do with these skills in the future, but at least I can say that I know how to do it.
- Watercolor painting is something else that I have always thought was beautiful. This might be my little bit more art in my life.
- I want a little more history in my life. I want to learn about famous people. I think it is so interesting to see ordinary people who took a leap to do something extraordinary. Plus, maybe it will help me beat Dustin at trivia sometime.
Places To Go In 2019
- Indiana Dunes. I’ve lived in Indiana forever. And for some reason, I’ve never been to the dunes. I think it’s the perfect stay-cation.
- Pine Lake. This is another Indiana place I’ve never been. And even weirder…never heard of! I actually saw it on Pinterest and had one of those ‘Are you kidding me? How have I never done this?’ moments.
- Chicago. This is one of my favorite cities. And it’s only a couple hours away. We were in Chicago a few months ago for the Toy and Game Fair, but I want to take the kids up to see the museums.
- Salem. Josh says he is too old for dressing up and trick or treating now. So we need to find something else totally awesome for Halloween and I can’t think of a better place than Salem!
- New York City…in December. I used to say I wanted to be there for New Year’s Eve, but I’m too old and cranky for that now. But I do want to go at Christmas time and go ice skating and see the tree.
- St. Louis. I’ve heard good things, but it’s another place we just have never gone to. I don’t know why. It’s not too bad of a drive.
- A music festival. I would say that I don’t care, I really don’t though. However, Lock’n would be my dream!
- The Ozarks. Dustin was obsessed with that show. To the point where he was slightly considering moving and starting to launder money. Ok, maybe not for real. Or at least I don’t think so. But I would love to take him there on a surprise!
- Paoli Peaks. Another Indiana gem. I want to go tubing and skiing!
- A White Sox game. I love the White Sox. Dustin loves the Cubs. A little trash talking and competition doesn’t hurt anyone!
- Concerts. Lots of concerts. We have tickets to Sublime with Rome this month. But I need Dead and Company tickets and I’m anxiously awaiting the summer concert schedule.
- A blog something. A conference or a trade show. Either one, I’m good. I just want to further my business.
What about you? What is on your bucket list for this year? I love doing these lists! It’s fun to dream and fun to reflect. I know I won’t be able to cross everything off my list, but it’s so much fun to grow!