Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus. All thoughts and opinions are my own. As is my love for this product! I only endorse and promote products my family and I love and use!
Can you believe that 2016 is here already? I always begin the year with a well intentioned resolution. Ironically, I make the same resolutions every year. This past month as I have been trying to prep for the incoming year, I decided that this year’s resolution needed to be something fun - something I would actually do! So this year, 2016 is all about traveling!
Last year, I really upped my travel trips, but it was mostly for business. I loved every minute of it, but I want to add more family travel in this year. So get ready for lots of fun ideas coming on making family travel planning fun, easy and affordable! But today, I am sharing with you some things you need to have in your carry on.
My carry on bag has evolved over the years and it changes a little bit if I am traveling with my son, but these are items I always have! Even if I’m not flying, I have to have a few things within reach on those long car rides to get me through. You might be surprised at a few of my must haves!
- My Wallet - Obviously you can’t leave home without it! I like to bring a small wristlet. It’s easy to carry on it’s own for those times we are doing something a little more active and don’t want to carry along a larger bag. But it’s still super simple to hold the necessities like my ID, credit cards, print outs of confirmations, and hotel key cards.
- Sunglasses - Don’t leave these at home. Well, I leave my nice ones at home! I picked up an inexpensive pair of glasses that I like to take with me when I travel. The last thing I need to do is leave a pricey set in the hotel or have them slip off while I am doing some adventuring on vacation.
- Lip Balm - It doesn’t really matter if I travel somewhere with snow or the beach, lip balm is my go to. I am a bit of a make-up minimalist. I like my products to do double duty, like having sunblock in my moisturizer and my lip balm!
- Electronics - I try to travel light and carry my electronics with me. The last thing I need is for something to get lost or broken. I carry my camera in my bag (and don’t forget the battery charger!) and I try to just travel with a tablet. Not only does it keep me entertained - those silly games that you almost don’t want to admit that you play and books to download. Plus, it’s much lighter than my laptop! Also, don’t forget a portable charger for your phone. Sometimes when you are out on vacation you are gone longer than normal without being able to charge your phone regularly. These chargers are small, easy to carry (even in a wristlet!), and can charge your phone on the go!
- Gum - When I fly my poor ears pop a lot! Gum helps. But traveling can also mean long days. Flights can get delayed, waiting for luggage, drives from the airport to your hotel, and then checking in. Finally you arrive and can go grab some dinner. I have had too many times that I’m starving by the time we get to the hotel. A piece of gum can help curb my hunger until we can sit down for a meal.
- Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus - This is one that you may not think of, but it’s super important! Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus makes a small travel size bottle that is perfect for keeping handy whether you are on a plane or in a car. Traveling can leave you a wrinkle-y mess. And once you arrive to your destination you have things to do!
A few sprays and a little tug and your clothes are wrinkle free. (Not to mention they smell nice and fresh!) Once you get to your hotel, this little bottle will come in handy getting the wrinkles out of your clothes from your suitcase too. Sure your hotel has an iron, but I don’t like to iron when I’m NOT on vacation! Let alone when I’m trying to relax! Trust me, once you travel with it once, you won’t want to travel without it again!
What’s in your carry on bag?