There are some things that I do not so much because I like to but because I have to. For me, cleaning falls into that category. It’s not my favorite thing to do, I definitely have to do it. I don’t do well with a messy house. It doesn’t make me feel good.
Not to mention….we have four pets. If I don’t keep up, even if we don’t necessarily do anything to cause a mess, it can quickly go from good to bad. Luckily I’ve learned a few tricks to make cleaning easier. Here are a few cleaning tips for pet owners.
1. Brush your pet…often!
Our pets love to be brushed, which is good because it can help to eliminate a lot of pet hair that would otherwise be floating around our home!
2. Use a lint brush
I have a lint brush that I use all the time. And not just for clothes. Sometimes….somehow….I will see pet hair on the lamp shade and the lint brush makes it so easy to clean. Another place that the hair seems to be attached to is the bottom of our curtains. A quick swipe and it’s all clean.
3. Crate Mats are your friend!
We have several crate mats in our house….everywhere except the crates! We keep one on our bed, the couch and on the futon in Josh’s room. Our pets see them out and know that is their spot. They are easy to clean (just toss in the wash), pet hair doesn’t get on the furniture, and they are easy to move if you need to.
4. Baking Soda can really help freshen carpet
Sprinkle a bit of baking soda on the carpet if your pet has an accident or just to freshen it up. Let it sit for a few minutes and vacuum it up. You can even add essential oils if you want!
5. Vacuum. Vacuum a lot.
I’ll say it again. Vacuum. Vacuum a lot. :) This goes without saying but honestly, it’s the best advice!
I used to vacuum everyday. Now I never vacuum.
Ok, so our house gets vacuumed everyday but I don’t do the vacuuming. Our vacuum does the vacuuming!
I was so excited to adopt a bObi Pet. (How adorable is it that it came with a little birth announcement?) As soon as it came, I had it out and ready to go! It’s super easy to use (which is nice for a non-tech person like me)
Our dogs were curious about bObi, but she didn’t scare them. Even when I took it to my mom’s house, Miya and Snuffer weren’t scared either. In fact, George and Snuffer liked to follow bObi around while she worked.
Here are some things that I love about our bObi Pet:
- She fits under our furniture! She can sweep under our couch (which is great because George likes to sleep under there and drag who knows what with him!), fit under the coffee table, etc. Awesome! Now, different furniture is at different heights so she may not be able to fit under everyone’s, but this is for sure a plus for our house.
- She always gets herself unstuck. I haven’t had to rescue her yet!
- She is great about getting stuff out of the corners and along the baseboards. She has this little arm that sweeps everything in front of her.
- She sanitizes as she sweeps. There is a UV light under her so as she zips around sweeping, she is sanitizing. Who knows what our germs our dogs (or we!) track in. This makes me feel good about laying on the carpet to play our board games later on.
- There is also an air purifier on your bObi Pet. Pets or no pets – this is important!
- You can even use it to mop! We haven’t used this feature yet, but….AWESOME!
- She will return herself to her charger. This means you can set it up to vacuum on a schedule. And be done! LOVE that!
Recently, my grandparents were visiting and they brought their dog Snuffer. So when I went over for dinner one night, with George and Lincoln in tow, I thought the least I could do was bring our new bObi Pet with us! My mom told me she had just vacuumed, but with four dogs running around (my mom has a black husky named Miya) the bObi Pet went to work! It’s crazy how much she was able to pick up.
Needless to say, everyone now wants a bObi!
If you want to adopt a bObi of your own you can visit them here!
Don’t forget to pin!
Disclaimer: I received a bObi Pet in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my 100% my own. We really do love it!