So this past weekend Joshua and I were wandering around Trader Joe’s doing a little grocery shopping. You know where the stores get me EVERY SINGLE TIME? The end caps. I can avoid the candy at the check out. But those shelves at the end of the aisles. EVERY TIME! I’m a sucker! Well. They had a display that was filled with awesome things like The Best Vanilla Wafers and Ginger Snaps. And then.
If you have not had cookie butter before. Stop reading. Run to Trader Joe’s and pick some up! (No Trader Joe’s near you? Bummer. You can get it on Amazon, though it is a bit more expensive)
We were so
indecisive awesome that we decided that we would get both….the Cookie Butter and the Cookie & Cocoa Swirl. Because honestly, who DOESN’T need both? The whole way home we talked about all the amazing-ness that we would make – milk shakes, stuffed French Toast, cookies….. you know, general awesome-ness. In the end, popcorn won. (Who doesn’t love popcorn?) And again, our indecisiveness awesomeness won and we made two batches. One with Cookie & Cocoa Swirl and one with Cookie Butter. (Get the Cookie Butter Popcorn recipe here.)
The good news is that these are amazing. The bad news is that it’s hard to stop. BUT more good news! It stores great in a ziploc bag! :)
I’m pretty sure that we will never be able to eat regular popcorn again.
Seriously … a few ingredients and you have the most ahh-mazing treat.
(Don’t forget to pin!)
- 8 cups air popped plain popcorn (I did 1/4 cup seeds + 1/2 TB oil)
- 8 oz (half of a package) Vanilla candy coating (We just used the Kroger brand)
- 3 TB Cookie & Cocoa Swirl from Trader Joe's
- 1/2 pkg M&M's (we used minis!)
- Pop your popcorn and put in a bowl that is big enough to add the chocolate and still allow for lots of room for mixing!
- Melt the Vanilla Candy Coating according to the package instructions.
- Once melted, add the cookie & Cocoa Swirl and mix. We added 1/2 of our M&M's as well.
- Pour over the popcorn and mix carefully to coat.
- Lay the popcorn in a thin layer over wax paper to allow the candy coating to harden. Sprinkle the remaining M&M's over the popcorn before it has a chance to harden!
- Eat! And enjoy!!
- (We stored ours in a ziploc bag and it kept well!)