Let’s play a game. Have you ever played 3 truths and a lie? It’s super easy. I say four statements and you pick out the one that isn’t truthful. Ready? Except this time…it’s cleaning edition.
- We own a cleaning company.
- I hate to clean.
- We have 5 kids and 2 dogs….who all make keeping things clean super difficult.
- I have to do the dishes right after dinner or it drives me crazy.
Do you know? The last one was the lie, but it does drive Dustin crazy so he normally gives in and does them. :)
Having a cleaning company means we have gone through a on of different cleaners looking for the right ones. But nothing has ever compared to this homemade cleaner. It really is hands down, the best all purpose cleaner ever! And it’s so inexpensive to make.
- 1 tsp Borax
- ½ tsp Washing Soda
- 1 tsp Liquid Castile Soap
- Warm Water
- Essential Oils – 12-15 drops
- Spray bottle
- All Purpose Cleaner Labels
- Sticker Maker
Instructions to make the best all purpose cleaner EVER:
Fill with warm distilled water.
Put the lid on tightly and shake.
(PS. Sticker makers are inexpensive and so handy to have! I use mine all the time for various things around the house or with the kids for school projects.)
A few important things:
- I REALLY love these glass bottles. I’m not a fan of plastic and we have been trying to eliminate as much as we can in our house. Plus, I feel fancy. And since I hate to clean, I take my victories when and where I can. :) PS If you are worried about them breaking, I’ve been using them for over a year now and we haven’t broke any. (And remember, we have a small army!)
- Get the washing soda at the store if you can. It’s cheaper. I found mine in with the stain removers on the very bottom shelf.
- Don’t like lemon? Use grapefruit! Not a fan? Use orange! Not a fan of any of them? You can make a fragrance free version!
- Distilled water works best. But I’m not going to lie, there have been a few times I used regular old tap water.
- It will keep for a few months, but we go through it much faster than that!
Don’t forget to pin it – Hands Down The Best DIY Cleaner!
This post may contain affiliate links.